Technology stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Commvault Systems (CVLT): CVLT stock is up 5.7% today.
- Dun & Bradstreet Corp (DNB): DNB stock is up 5.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 4.4% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 4.5% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 4.3% to a new 52-week high of $21.44.
- Perfect World Co. (PWRD): PWRD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 4.2% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is up 4.0% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 3.8% today.
- Spansion Inc (CODE): CODE stock is up 3.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Anixter International Inc (AXE): AXE stock is down 5.1% today on 7 times normal volume.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is down 0.5% today and down 24.2% in the last month.
- Analogic Corp (ALOG): ALOG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cadence Design Systems (CDNS): CDNS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is down 0.3% today.
- The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI): ULTI stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.