Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is up 4.7% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is up 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): AMD stock is up 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 3.9% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS): AEIS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 3.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Qlik Technologies Inc (QLIK): QLIK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Danaher Corp (DHR): DHR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Analogic Corp (ALOG): ALOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 0.9% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cerner Corp (CERN): CERN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.