Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.7% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.