Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 2.1%, the Nasdaq sank 3.1% and the S&P 500 was down 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.2% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.1% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.4% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.