Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $25.75.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.2% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.1% today and down 30.9% in the last month.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.