Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 6.4% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $53.06.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.9% today and up 25.9% in the last month.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $57.45.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.6% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.