Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $46.83.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.