Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.0% today and up 36.8% in the last month.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.9% today and up 20.0% in the last month.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $17.84.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.8% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.