Utilities stocks advanced broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.7% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.8% today and down 27.8% in the last month.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.6% today and down 34.1% in the last month.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.