Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.7%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 5.7% today and down 56.2% in the last month.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 3.7% today and down 26.7% in the last month.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.9% today and down 24.0% in the last month.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.