Utilities stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.3% today and down 44.2% in the last month.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.