Utilities stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.2% today and up 53.8% in the last month.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $39.30.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.