Kevin Sharp, a country music singer who had battled cancer, passed away at the age of 43 on Saturday.
Kevin Sharp passed away due to past stomach surgery and other issues from his cancer treatment. He had spent 10 weeks in the hospital and was left in the care of his sister last Friday. His sister, Mary Huston, was sad at his passing, but also said she was glad he didn’t have to suffer anymore, Fox News notes.
To honor Kevin Sharp’s passing, his camp is asking that all donations be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, reports E!
Here are five things to know about Kevin Sharp, as listed by Fox News.
- Sharp was born in 1970 in Redding, Calif.
- He was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma in high school and beat it after two years of treatment.
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation made it possible for Sharp to meet with music producer David Foster.
- He rose to fame in 1996 with Nobody Knows, a single from his debut album.
- Sharp was a motivational speaker and a spokesman for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Follow the link to see more facts about Kevin Sharp.