NFLX: Netflix Just Started 4K TV Streaming
by Karl Utermohlen | April 8, 2014 3:10 pm
Netflix (NFLX) has started streaming a few shows in 4K TV which means that they are only viewable on 2014 4K TVs.
The video streaming service confirmed on Sunday that House of Cards and a few nature documentaries can now be streamed as 4K content. 4K TV offers a better video resolution than Blu-ray but Netflix’s 4K content might be lower quality than Blu-ray because it could be compressed.
Netflix’s streaming 4K video is delivered at 15.6 Mbps. The company first announced that it had plans to release 4K content last year.
NFLX stock is up over 2.3% Wednesday afternoon.
More Netflix News
- 3 Must-Watch Superhero Movies on Netflix Streaming
- NFLX: New Price Target Set for Netflix Stock
- 6 Great New Netflix Releases for April 2014
- NFLX: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=NFLX
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Netflix.jpg
- confirmed: http://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-begins-4k-streams/
- 3 Must-Watch Superhero Movies on Netflix Streaming: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/superhero-movies-on-netflix-streaming/#.U0RIcldjt8E
- NFLX: New Price Target Set for Netflix Stock: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/nflx-new-price-target-set-netflix-stock/#.U0RIe1djt8E
- 6 Great New Netflix Releases for April 2014: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/new-netflix-releases-nflx-stock-2/#.U0RIgVdjt8E
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/nflx-netflix-4k-tv-nflx-stock/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1lOeWhA
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.