Panera to Cut Customer Wait Times With New Technology
by William White | April 11, 2014 10:04 am
Panera Bread (PNRA) is looking to reduce customer wait times with the launch of Panera 2.0.
Panera 2.0 is a new system-wide change coming to Panera that will introduce new technology to likely speed up ordering. This includes adding a new pink-up window that allows those ordering online or from the restaurant’s app to grab their food without waiting in line.
Another feature being introduced in Panera 2.0 is the ability to order while sitting at a table. Customers can use their debit or credit cards to make orders online or through the mobile app and have their food delivered to them by a Panera employee.
Pnaera will also be setting up kiosks equipped with Apple (AAPL) iPads that allow customers to make and customize their own orders. The iPads will be equipped with a visual system that will show customers what changes they are making to their food and hopefully allow for quicker, easier ordering.
To compliment all of the coming changes in Panera 2.0, employees will be put through new training programs in order to get them up to speed with the new technology and changes.
More Restaurant News
- Super Chix: Yum! Brands Tests Premium Chicken Restaurant
- Next for Taco Bell Breakfast Menu: Yogurt, Oatmeal and Premium Coffee?
- McDonald’s to Offer Free Coffee to Win Breakfast War
- PNRA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=PNRA
- reduce customer wait times: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/panera-unveils-panera-20-2014-04-10?reflink=MW_news_stmp
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/paneraBreadLogo-e1322675934882.jpg
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- Super Chix: Yum! Brands Tests Premium Chicken Restaurant: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHUQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Finvestorplace.com%2F2014%2F04%2Fsuper-chix-yum%2F&ei=TPRHU8T0FuvOyAHl-YDAAg&usg=AFQjCNEejRntv4IKF-viiXmsLW2D9H6uew&sig2=GreQTEbtXqV2Xx1jTwwyPQ&bvm=bv.64542518,d.aWc&cad=rja
- Next for Taco Bell Breakfast Menu: Yogurt, Oatmeal and Premium Coffee?: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/taco-bell-breakfast-menu-yogurt-oatmeal-premium-coffee/#.U0f0rFVdWSo
- McDonald’s to Offer Free Coffee to Win Breakfast War: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/mcdonalds-offer-free-coffee-win-breakfast-war/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/panera-wait-times/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1jy7JyR
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.