Stephen Colbert to Take Over for David Letterman on The Late Show
by Karl Utermohlen | April 10, 2014 3:15 pm
Stephen Colbert will be the new host of The Late Show after David Letterman retires in 2015.
The Colbert Report host will abandon his show’s characters and join CBS for The Late Show. The network has signed Stephen Colbert to a five-year deal that begins in 2015 in an attempt to appeal to a younger audience.
The average viewer of David Letterman’s show is about 59 years old whereas the average Colbert Report viewer is only 42. Additionally, Colbert is second in the 18-24 category, trailing only The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart.
Letterman announced his retirement on his show last week. The move comes only weeks after Jay Leno stepped down from The Tonight Show to make way for Jimmy Fallon.
More Celebrity Moves
- Michael Strahan to Join Good Morning America
- Chelsea Handler to End ‘Chelsea Lately’ Talk Show on E!
- “Piers Morgan Live” Show Cancelled By CNN
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Stephen-Colbert.jpg
- Wikipedia: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Stephen_Colbert_in_May_2008.jpg
- will abandon: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303603904579493531867866814?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303603904579493531867866814.html
- Michael Strahan to Join Good Morning America: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/michael-strahan-good-morning-america/#.U0bs9ldjt8E
- Chelsea Handler to End ‘Chelsea Lately’ Talk Show on E!: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/chelsea-handler-chelsea-lately/#.U0bs6ldjt8E
- “Piers Morgan Live” Show Cancelled By CNN: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/piers-morgan-live-cancelled/#.U0bs81djt8E
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/stephen-colbert-david-letterman/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1i5MIM1
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.