Super Chix: Yum! Brands Tests Premium Chicken Restaurant
by Karl Utermohlen | April 7, 2014 4:55 pm
Yum! Brands (YUM) is testing Super Chix, a chicken restaurant with a limited menu that might help it compete with Chick-Fil-A, the new king of chicken.
The KFC parent company is offering a chicken sandwich, chicken tenders, fries, drinks and frozen custard in its new restaurant. The Super Chix test is currently limited to only one location in Arlington, Texas.
The Super Chix website claims that the chicken is “hand-breaded” and free of MSG, high-fructose corn syrup and phosphates. You will also have a variety of sauce options including honey mustard, smokey honey pepper, Sriracha sweet & sour and a “signature” sauce.
YUM stock is down about 0.3% Monday.
More Yum! Brands News
- KFC Plans Major Menu Makeover in China
- YUM: Walk — Don’t Run — Into Yum Brands
- Breakfast Menus Could Decide the Fates of YUM, MCD Stock
- YUM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=YUM
- king of chicken: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/chick-fil-a-kfc-yum-stock/#.U0MNt6iwXRE
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/yum.jpg
- is offering: http://adage.com/article/news/yum-targets-chick-fil-a-chicken-concept-store-texas/292519/
- KFC Plans Major Menu Makeover in China: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/yum-kfc-menu-makeover-china/#.U0MNt6iwXRE
- YUM: Walk — Don’t Run — Into Yum Brands: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/yum-stock-yum-brands-china/#.U0MNuaiwXRE
- Breakfast Menus Could Decide the Fates of YUM, MCD Stock: http://investorplace.com/2014/02/mcd-stock-yum-stock-breakfast/#.U0MNvaiwXRE
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/super-chix-yum/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1mUGOk4
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.