T-Mobile Kills Overage Charge Fees
by William White | April 14, 2014 1:41 pm
T-Mobile (TMUS), announced on Monday, that it will stop overage charges for customers that go over their data limits.
T-Mobile customers that go over their data limits will now be dropped to 2G speeds until they buy more data or their data resets. The service provider has also started a petition that is asking for AT&T (T), Verizon (VZ) and Sprint (S) to do the same thing with their customers because it’s “the right thing to do”, reports Reuters.
“I personally won’t be satisfied until we obliterate this shameful practice from the entire wireless industry,” John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile, told PC Magazine while talking about overage charges.
T-Mobile’s new policy to remove overage charges from bills will start in May and affect bills being sent in June, PC Magazine notes.
The change being made by T-Mobile will help keep phone bills down to a reasonable price. If the other carriers decide against removing overage charges, it could mean more customers for T-Mobile. Either way, this announcement could mean major changes for cellphone users.
More Mobile News
- T-Mobile Offers Customers Free Data for Their Tablets
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Fight: BBRY Pitches a Fit, Comes out a Loser
- T: AT&T Approves 300M Share Buyback
- TMUS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TMUS
- announced on Monday: http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/14/tmobile-overage-idINL2N0N60N920140414
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/T-Mobile-185.jpg
- T: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=T
- VZ: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=VZ
- S: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=S
- PC Magazine: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456518,00.asp
- T-Mobile Offers Customers Free Data for Their Tablets: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Finvestorplace.com%2F2014%2F04%2Ft-mobile-tablets-free-data-tmus-stock%2F&ei=5BtMU8OpI4isyAGo-4GYBw&usg=AFQjCNEF2R_iePes09V1iDDoO6UV3T7cSQ&sig2=LJa7F7D4nrhaRm-HGhfy3A&bvm=bv.64542518,d.aWc&cad=rja
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Fight: BBRY Pitches a Fit, Comes out a Loser: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/t-mobile-blackberry-bbry-stock/#.U0wb3lVdWSo
- T: AT&T Approves 300M Share Buyback: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/t-att-approves-300m-share-buyback/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/t-mobile-overage-charges-tmus-stock/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1kYe7Pi
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.