T-Mobile Offers Customers Free Data for Their Tablets
by Karl Utermohlen | April 10, 2014 10:04 pm
T-Mobile (TMUS) is looking to attract more consumers by expanding its free data plan for owners of LTE tablets.
Starting Saturday, LTE tablet owners will enjoy 1.2GBs of free data instead of the current total of 200MBs. Additionally, T-Mobile is selling its 4G tablets for the same price as the Wi-Fi only LTE devices.
The promotion is quite impressive when you consider that Wi-Fi only tablets are usually $100 to $130 cheaper than their radio equivalents.
The T-Mobile deal lasts through the rest of the year. Free data plans will revert to 200MB next year.
TMUS stock is down about 2.7% Thursday.
More Mobile News
- T-Mobile Starter Plan: What You Get for $40/Month
- NOK Restructuring Leads to a Buy on Nokia Stock
- BlackBerry Breaks Up With T-Mobile After iPhone Dispute
- It’s Time to Hang Up on Verizon Stock (VZ)
- TMUS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TMUS
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/T-mobile-logo-e1300715922855.png
- will enjoy: http://gigaom.com/2014/04/10/t-mobile-boosts-its-free-tablet-data-offer-to-1-2-gbs-starts-selling-discounted-slates/
- T-Mobile Starter Plan: What You Get for $40/Month: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/t-mobile-simple-starter-plan-tmus-stock/#.U0dMuaiwXRE
- NOK Restructuring Leads to a Buy on Nokia Stock: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/nokia-stock-nok-msft/#.U0WIXqiwXRE
- BlackBerry Breaks Up With T-Mobile After iPhone Dispute: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/blackberry-breaks-t-mobile-iphone-dispute/#.U0WIVaiwXRE
- It’s Time to Hang Up on Verizon Stock (VZ): http://investorplace.com/2014/04/verizon-stock-vz-t-stocks-to-sell/#.U0WIhaiwXRE
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/t-mobile-tablets-free-data-tmus-stock/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ky4ivz
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.