TWTR: Twitter Buys Long-Time Data Partner Gnip
by Christopher Freeburn | April 15, 2014 11:28 am
On Tuesday, Twitter (TWTR) announced that it has agreed to purchase social data provider Gnip.
In a post on its corporate blog, TWTR noted that Gnip had been “a long-standing Twitter data partner” and had “played a crucial role” in compiling and analyzing Twitter’s public data.
TWTR noted that it would continue to make Twitter “data available to Gnip’s growing customer base.” The social messaging service said it would leverage Gnip’s resources to expand its existing data platform.
The Wall Street Journal noted that Gnip’s partnership with TWTR dates back to 2006. Gnip, which resells analysis of TWTR data, has customers in more than 40 countries.
Twitter did not disclose any financial terms of its acquisition of Gnip.
Twitter shares climbed more than 1% in Tuesday morning trading.
More Twitter News:
- TWTR, FB: Twitter Profiles Get Facebook-Like Redesign
- Why Twitter Should Be Worth Only $10 a Share
- Turkey Lifts Its Two-Week-Old Twitter Ban
- TWTR: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TWTR
- has agreed to purchase social data provider Gnip: https://blog.twitter.com/2014/twitter-welcomes-gnip-to-the-flock
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/twitter-logo-window-630.jpg
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howardlake/
- dates back to 2006: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20140415-706343.html
- TWTR, FB: Twitter Profiles Get Facebook-Like Redesign: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/twtr-fb-twitter-profiles-get-facebook-like-redesign/#.U01PBV5hOf0
- Why Twitter Should Be Worth Only $10 a Share: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/twitter-worth-10-share/#.U01PKl5hOf0
- Turkey Lifts Its Two-Week-Old Twitter Ban: http://investorplace.com/investorpolitics/turkey-twitter-ban-twtr-stock/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/twtr-twitter-buys-long-time-data-partner-gnip/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1im162K
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.