Former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior passed away at the age of 54 on Tuesday.
The Ultimate Warrior, whose real name was James Hellwig before he legally changed it, spent much of his pro-wrestling career with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). During his time with the wrestling company, The Ultimate Warrior went up against Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI and became the Heavyweight Champion, reports Rolling Stone.
The Ultimate Warrior made his last appearance with WWE on Monday on an episode of WWE Raw. On the Sunday before this he was inducted into the WWE’s Hall of Fame at WrestleMania 30. He is survived by his wife and two daughters, Rolling Stone notes.
Several professional wrestlers took to Twitter (TWTR) to honor The Ultimate Warrior and give condolences to his loved ones.
- “Loss always has a way of reminding us to live and love as greatly as we can. My prayers and strength to his family. RIP Ultimate Warrior.” — Dwayne Johnson
- “RIP WARRIOR. only love.” — Hulk Hogan
- “Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters.” — Triple H
More WWE News
- High Demand Foils WWE Network Streaming Launch
- WWE News: Jake the Snake Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- 5 Things to Know About WWE Hall of Fame Wrestler Johnnie Mae Young