Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.8% to a new 52-week low of $7.00.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.