Basic materials stocks finished flat on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 3.4% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 1.3% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.