Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.6% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.4% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.