Capital goods stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 0.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 0.8% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 0.7% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 0.6%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 1.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.