Capital goods stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 4.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 1.2% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.6% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.8% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.