Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp (BGG): BGG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 3.3% to $45.83, near the 52-week high of $45.84.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 2.8% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 2.7% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.