Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp (BGG): BGG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 3.3% to $45.83, near the 52-week high of $45.84.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 2.8% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 2.7% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.