Consumer cyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 2.5% today.
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is down 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 1.3% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.