Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 4.3% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 3.8% to $42.50, near the 52-week high of $42.62.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $40.98.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.