Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $41.97.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 1.1% today.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is up 1.0% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 0.8% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.