Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 7.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 6.6% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 6.0% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 8.6% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.