Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 9.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 1.0% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $85.04.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.8% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 2.1% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 2.4% to a new 52-week low of $50.14.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.8% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.