Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 2.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $47.50.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 0.9% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.