Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 2.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $47.50.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 0.9% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.