Energy stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 6.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.9% to $33.97, near the 52-week high of $33.90.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $80.83.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $44.43.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $79.80.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 2.2% today and down 25.3% in the last month.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 1.3% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.