Energy stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 6.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.9% to $33.97, near the 52-week high of $33.90.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $80.83.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $44.43.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $79.80.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 2.2% today and down 25.3% in the last month.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 1.3% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.