Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.8% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.