Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 5.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 3.6% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 3.5% to a new 52-week low of $30.11.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 3.6% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 2.9% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.