Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 1.4% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $53.96.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $14.25.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is down 2.6% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.