Healthcare stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 8.1% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 6.7% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 3.1% today and up 42.3% in the last month.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 2.9% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.3% today and down 37.9% in the last month.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.