Services stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Office Depot (ODP): ODP stock is up 3.8% today and up 23.3% in the last month.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF): ANF stock is up 3.4% today.
- Directv (DTV): DTV stock is up 3.4% to a new 52-week high of $88.01.
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is up 3.3% today.
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is up 3.2% today.
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE): LOPE stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is down 2.3% today.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is down 2.3% today.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCK): DISCK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Veolia Environnement (VE): VE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Starz Series A Liberty Capital (STRZA): STRZA stock is down 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.