Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Grupo Televisa S.A. (TV): TV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Rayonier Inc. REIT (RYN): RYN stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 3.0% to a new 52-week low of $15.14.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 2.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Ebay Inc (EBAY): EBAY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 2.5% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is down 2.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.