Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is up 4.4% today.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Interactive Intelligence (ININ): ININ stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tessera Technologies (TSRA): TSRA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Qlik Technologies Inc (QLIK): QLIK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is up 2.6% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Measurement Specialties (MEAS): MEAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 2.3% today.
- Concur Technologies (CNQR): CNQR stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 4.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO): TTWO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is down 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is down 1.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ONNN): ONNN stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 1.6% to a new 52-week low of $32.30.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Nxp Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI): NXPI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): AMD stock is down 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.