Transportation stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 3.7% to a new 52-week high of $47.05.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.0% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 0.4% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 1.1%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 0.2% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.