Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.2% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 0.7% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.7% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.