Transportation stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $273.70.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.5% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.7%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 0.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.9% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.3% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.