Transportation stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $273.70.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.5% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.7%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 0.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.9% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.3% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.