Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.3% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.0% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.1% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.