Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 6.6% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.1% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.1% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.